Friday, January 09, 2004

Still Plugging Away

In which the author admits missing a day or so

Right. So I've mostly caught up to where I'm supposed to be. I missed a day's reading. And then put in a bit of extra time trying to make it up. Luckily, I've established this as reading the Bible through in 40 days, but calculated how much I need to read based on 31 days. That way, there's some room for slip-ups.

So far, I'm through with Genesis, Job, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, and Ruth. Right now I'm in the Samuels somewhere. In fact, Jonathan has just rescued Israel from almost certain peril by going maverick and killing a bunch of Philistines.

Judges is really an interesting book. It's also very pertinent to the times we're living in now. It just keeps on saying that there was not yet a king in Israel, so everyone did what he thought was right in his own eyes. And so disaster kept coming on the people until things got so bad that the people turned back to God. Do we really need so much prodding? Maybe so.

I'll check in again soon.

No comments: